CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.26.2009

SB Layout: "Coming Home"

Well, I'm back in the scrapbooking game....it's about time!  I honestly haven't completed a layout in MONTHS!!!  I've been into cards a lot lately and kind of put my scrapbooking on the back burner for awhile...and the Mess Maker's scrapbook (or lack thereof) can prove it!  I decided it's time to start the Noise Maker's scrapbook and since I've barely finished any of the Mess Maker's, it was time to start making pages again.

The photos for this layout are from 2 1/2 years ago when we brought the Mess Maker home from the hospital...she was 4 days old.  I figured she'd want to see the house we lived in at the time (we've since moved).  I printed the photos in black and white and matted them on cream cs.  Then I used a stripe pattern for another vertical mat and a house pattern (adhesive backed canvas) for a horizontal mat.  I painted chipboard letters in brown and used the Cricut "Opposites Attract" cartridge to cut out "coming".  Then I just added some embellishments:  three layered flower accents, one house (cut from patterned paper), brads and rub-ons to form a half-circle, ribbon, a name plate, and date (made on the computer)...that's it!

TFL!!!  :)

No comments: