CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.04.2011

Teacher Appreciation: Thank You For Helping Us Bloom!

It's National Teacher Appreciation Week, and although the Mess Maker's preschool doesn't really "celebrate" the occasion (which I think is a travesty!), I wanted to do something for the teachers to let them know how appreciated they are!

The idea for this plant stake came from an original design by "Dimple Prints" HERE.  I designed a similar sentiment in Word, and then punched it out with a circle punch.  I added a green and white circle mat (Cricut: George cartridge), and then a yellow scalloped circle (Cricut: Storybook cartridge) for the flower. 
I attached the flower to a wooden skewer.  But I wanted to make sure the teachers knew it was from the entire class, so I decided to add each child's name to a leaf (Cricut: Doodlecharms cartridge).  The leaves were cut at 3/4", and then I ran them through my printer to print the names on them.  I have a tutorial HERE on how to do this if you're interested!
I hot glued the leaves to the skewer and added a narrow green ribbon.  Mrs. S gets a green Hydrangea plant because green is her favorite color, and Mrs. T gets a Gardenia plant because that's her favorite flower.  :)

To all of the wonderful teachers out there who educate, nuture, entertain, shape and encourage our children...
THANK YOU!!!

10 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

What a great teacher gift. Very nice.

teachdanz said...

I love it and I am sure they will too!! very thoughtful:-)

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great teacher gift .. love the kids names on the leaves!

Anna Waarvik said...

What a very cute idea!

Sherrie K. said...

I came from fantabulous cricut challenge. What a cute project you did. Good luck in the challenge! I also was able to take a look at your blog. You have some really nice projects! I am a new follower of yours. Would love it if you would pop over to my blog and follow me too:)
I look forward to seeing all your creations.
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

My Lil' Bits said...

Such a great teacher gift! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB! Lisa C

Jennie Garcia said...

Great project!! Very Cute!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!! TFS!! TaKe Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

Great Idea! I love this project! Hope you don't mind if I "lift" it next year for my son's Pre-K class. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Helen said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh this is just too cute! Love that you included the entire class! Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCB!