CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.30.2009

Recipe: The CEO's Shrimp Tacos :)

I treid two new recipes this week...the chicken stroganoff (YUM!) and another recipe from the Taste of Home cookbook called "Spicy Shrimp Wraps". However, when it came time to start preparing and cooking the shrimp wraps, I decided to modify the recipe to suit our taste (it calls for mango to be put in salsa...not our thing) and a couple of other things I decided I didn't want to use. So I basically just used the base of the recipe for the shrimp and then modified it to be "my own". :) So here is my recipe:

The CEO's Shrimp Tacos

1 C salsa
1 small avocado, pit removed and chopped
1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 T olive oil
1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 small flour tortillas, warmed
1 C shredded cabbage
6 T reduced fat sour cream
garnishes: sliced olives, shredded cheese, tomatoes, etc.

Combine salsa and avocado. Refrigerate until ready to use.

In a ziploc bag, combine the oil, taco seasoning and shrimp. Toss/shake to coat.

In a non-stick skillet, cook shrimp over med-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until pink.

Top tortillas with cabbage, shrimp and salsa mixture. Garnish with sour cream and other garnishes as desired.

SUPER-quick, SUPER-easy!

6 servings

Enjoy!

No comments: