CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.13.2010

Cupcake Birthday Invitations

A friend of mine asked if I would make her daughter's first birthday invitations...such an honor!  She wanted cupcakes, so I scoured my manuals and let her decide which cupcake she wanted.  She picked this one from Once Upon A Princess.  It's actually the first project I've made with this cartridge!!!

She wanted pink and green with a little bit of "chocolate" thrown in.
I used Bazzil's Swiss Dots in a light green shade for the top layer of the cupcake liner and a solid green underneath.  The base of the invites (welded together in Design Studio) are white.

The pink layer of frosting was embossed with the Cuttlebug (Divine Swirls folder).  I inked everything and then added pink rhinestones on top and finished with a sheer pink bow.

Happy 1st Birthday Jacqueline!!!  :)

10 comments:

DtsArt said...

those are GREAT! You did a nice job. What a good friend you are!

Anna Waarvik said...

Cute invites & I really like the color combination!

Colby said...

Yes, thank you!!!! We all love them!!! My mom said you should sign the back! :)

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

How yummy! That is a super cute cupcake, I haven't seen that before. Great job Lori!

Jamiecrafts said...

those are super cute and look good enough to eat!

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

These are TOO DIE!!! GREAT work!! I absolutely love them!

Crafting Katie said...

These are just precious! Beautiful colors, and I love the ribbon!

Unknown said...

These are the cutest! What a great idea! I love all the details from the embossing to the stones. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore these invites. I am currently looking for invites for a first birthday party and was wondering whether you make these up for other people for a fee?

Anonymous said...

Do you make and sell these? If so I would like to purchase some!
Maryann. Fugate@yahoo.com