CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.16.2010

Teacher Appreciation: Rolo Pencils!

Wish I could take credit for this idea.  Oh well.  It's actually an idea featured in the September 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.  I fell in love with these the second I saw them, and decided they'd be a perfect little gift for my daughter's AWESOME pre-k teachers!

The body of the pencil (inside) is a package of Rolos and the tip of the pencil is a Hersheys Kiss attached to the Rolos with a glue dot!

To make the outside of the pencil, you cut a piece of yellow cardstock to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", trim one short end with scallop edge or zigzag edge scissors, and score every 1/4" lengthwise...wrap around the Rolos and adhere.  Then wrap a 3 1/2" x 3/8 " piece of pink cardstock at the opposite end.  Add a small pink circle to cover the exposed end of the Rolos.  Cover the seam between the yellow and pink pieces with a length of silver foil tape.  Then just wrap the ends with a ribbon and tag.  I used Create a Critter to make the apples on these, and printed my sentiment from my computer right onto the tags.
To finish, I put them each in a clear bag and made a bag topper with each teacher's initial and some embellishments on them.  Super-easy and super-fun!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

12 comments:

Sherri said...

I bought the candy to make these yesterday but haven't gotten to them yet.....so cute~~~

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my so cute! Love it
Melissa

Saundra said...

Cute, Cute, Idea! I'm a teacher and this would be a great little pick me up.

Debbie Bakk said...

How cute are these- I work in a school also and I know the teachers there would love these. Thanks for sharing this idea with us.

It's Jenn! said...

LOOOOOOOVE THIS!

Kate said...

Oh wow! I am SO going to make these!! They're insanely adorable - and what a wonderful treat too! The only thing I'm not sure on is the silver foil tape. I've never heard of that before. Hopefully the staff at Michaels can show me where to look!

Dorcas said...

I will try and make these this weekend! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so cute!

shirley said...

So cute, I totally missed that in the magazine, yours turned out great!

Jennifer said...

Ohmygoodness!!! :) These could not be any cuter!

Leanne said...

This is an absolutely fantastic idea! I love it!! Gonna have to give that one a try!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing going to do this for my daughters teacher for year end.

in the great tsunami of life librarians give us floaties and teach us how to swim.