CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.10.2010

Lollipop Flower Bouquets

How cute are these?!?!?  I found a couple of examples of these both on the web and on the Cricut messageboard, but the super-awesome tutorial I went by came from Kathy over at Paper Phenomenon.  She does awesome work and I just loved her video tutorial on this!  Following her step-by-step directions, I made a bouquet of five lollipop flowers in each pot as a gift for the Mess Maker's preschool teachers for V-day!
These are super-easy and inexpensive to make and I think they are the cutest things ever!  The close-up photo above shows a single flower.  I used TootsiePops but you could use any lollipop really.  I've seen some with clear-wrapped lollis and they looked super-cute, too.
To make these little darlings, you'll need the following supplies:

Pink and Red die-cut flowers (I used George and cut them at 2 1/2")
Lollipops
Green ribbon
Tacky Tape and Hot Glue
Flower Pot (I painted mine red)
Trim (optional) to go around pot
Styrofoam ball
Green Easter grass

I inked the edges of each flower petal to make them pop a little.  Then I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to hold the pink flowers closed once I snipped them (see Kathy's video to see what I'm talking about) instead of hot glue.  I didn't hot glue the layers of the flowers together, because I found that I didn't need to once the ribbon was tied on tightly.  I did wrap the grass around the ball like the suggested and hot glued it into the pot.  Then I just inserted these cuties and ta-da!

Have a creative day!  :)

3 comments:

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

I LOVE them!! They are so cute!!
Great work!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Lori, these are absolutely adorable, may I case this please :)

Brenda said...

awww I am lovin' these!!!!
hugs
Brenda