CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.14.2010

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #14: Celebrate Dear Dad

This week's challenge at FCCB is "Celebrate Dear Dad"...make a masculine themed project.  This is perfect timing for Father's Day coming up so I thought I'd make my dad a Father's Day card from my two sisters and I (along with a little gift)!

I recently discovered Ruth Howard's blog, RUELYSI CREATIVE CARDS.  If you haven't seen her work, you just have to check it out!  While I was there, I realized she has a TON of Design Studio .cut files for FREE!!!  I just love generous people.  :)  So after scrolling through several pages of her blog, I found the .cut file HERE for this amazing card!  I couldn't resist...my dad is the craftiest and handiest person you'll ever meet.

All of the cuts for this file are from George and Basic Shapes.  I cut the tools from "gunmetal gray" cardstock, the handles from a deep red, the tool belt from a light brown and the pockets/strap from a beige-brown.  Of couse I inked/distressed everything after cutting it out.  I also was super-excited to get to use the "screw-head" brads I've had forever!

I did add something to this card...the "level" tool.  I saw another example of this project made up here and just loved the addition of the level, so I made one up myself using Design Studio.  For the "liquid" in each of the spaces of the level, I trimmed a transparency into three narrow strips, and drew the lines and liquid in with Sharpies.  Then I just adhered them between the two layers of the level.

Hope you enjoyed my card and don't forget to head over to Fantabulous Cricut to see the other FABULOUS design team projects and to check out this week's AWESOME prize!  :)

Happy Scrappin'!

20 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so great.









www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Lori, that is so great. I love all the detail on it.

Kate said...

This is amazing Lori!! I love the colours and all the different tools you've added. Those screw brads are an amazing touch!! Thanks for the link too!

Joanna said...

That is so awesome! Love the tool belt, great job!

Sherri said...

Absolutely LOVE this project!!!

cricaholic said...

That is really cute!
I don't have DS so I had to go out and get the Cricut LITE cart:Handyman....LOL it has these tools.

Anna Waarvik said...

I love it! Great job!

Valerie said...

oh my goodness, this is AWESOME!!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Lori, this is super fantastic. I wish I would have remembered this cut was over there! I saw it once. Your level is PERFECT. You are so creative!

Shauna Carlson said...

I love this card. You are so creative. The colors are great and I love the "level" tool. The card looks larger than it probably is. Would you happen to have the measurements of the base card. Thanks!

beazora said...

Love it!!!!
Great for Father's Day. I tried to go to Ruth's blog to get the cute file but was not able to.
Do you have a cute file for it?
You did a great job.
TFS

Cinful said...

This is awesome... I have visited her blog before but have never downloaded any of her cuts. She is very talented :) I tried to down load this cut and it would not allow me... did you contact her for the cut? Would love to have this to make a father's day card for my hubby :)

Thanks for sharing!
Cindy
costapuck@yahoo.com

Elaine said...

This is just amazing! Love what you have done with this card. Your CFO will love it:o) TFS all of the cut info and the blogs.

Lori (THCEO) said...

Thanks so much for the WONDERFULLY SWEET comments!!! Several people have asked me for the .cut file for this since it seems to be no longer available on Ruth's blog for some reason. I have tried contacting her with no luck. I would normally be happy to share the file, but since I don't have her permission, I feel it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do so.

Good news though, there is a super-talented lady over on the Cricut messageboard that has created one of her own on her Gypsy that looks pretty darn close to this one! Here's the link:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=6792167&mpage=2

Scroll down to "Nana22Nina21's" post...you get her email by clicking on her name at the left.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :)

Cinful said...

Thanks Lori :)

Kim H said...

Absolutely awesome card. You are very talented! Love your work... I hope to get 1/4 as talented as you! Thanks for sharing your creations!

Thanks Again
Kim H
http://scrapinmomofoneinspiringlittleboy.blogspot.com/

greenbean said...

this is fantastic!...love love love this card...if you ever get the cut file again...i'd so love this one!...

Rima said...

Lori your card is AWESOME!!! I have tried to get the cutfile from Ruth but it wont allow me to. Do you have a cut file you can share??
Thanks
xRima

Kath said...

thats really cute. the card is awesome.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

My Need 2 Craft said...

I am your 555 follower! Yay! My favorite number is 5. :) I absolutely love this card and want to make it for my nephew who is turning 2. :) He loves tools (the real kind, not the plastic...ouch) :) Found you on Pinterest. Love your blog!
Hugs,
Terri