CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.31.2009

Note Card Set with Gift Box


Since I mailed this Christmas gift today (yes, late...very late) to my friend who lives out of state, I decided I'd take my chances on posting this, hoping she wouldn't check my blog in the next couple of days.  :)  I had the cards done, I just needed to finish the box and things have just been a little crazy around here lately!!!
To make the note cards, I used a white cardstock card base and added a solid cardstock mat which I ran through the Cuttlebug using Divine Swirls.  Then, using a set of five coordinating patterned papers, I cut 1 1/2" x 5" strips of paper and adhered them across the front.  I tied a coordinating ribbon around the mat and adhered it to the card base.

For the embellishment, I cut a scalloped circle (Accent Essentials) out of white cardstock and adhered a coordinating colored cardstock circle (George) which I ran through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots.  I cut the initial ("L") from the Storybook cartridge from a different color of coordinating cardstock and adhered it to the circle.  I attached the embellishment next to the bow with glue dots.
I based my storage box on the Accordian Gift Purse tutorial (see this tutorial on my original post here), making a few minor adjustments.  I made the base of the box the same, but did not add a handle.  I also didn't use the accordian folded side pieces.  Instead, I cut a 3" x 5" (x2) piece of cardstock, added patterned paper and then scored on both ends of the long sides at 1".  Then I just adhered the 1" edges inside the box on both sides to make the side walls.

To finish, I tied a ribbon around the top of the box, added an additional scallop circle embellishment to the front of the box and closed the box using adhesive-backed Vel-cro.

I loved making this project.  It would be so simple to modify for any theme or occasion.  I definitely plan to make more!  Hope she likes it!!!  :)

No comments: