CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.27.2009

Just Buggin Challenge #17: Altered Mini Calendar

This week's Just Buggin Challenge #17 is called Inky Fingers:  use ink to alter your die cuts!

I found this mini calendar in the dollar bins at Target...I really liked the background pattern but I thought it'd be fun to add a personal touch to it.  :)

I cut a 3" flower and its shadow from George.  Using "Sorbet" CTMH ink, I inked the edges of each flower and lightly sponged the tops.  Using the CTMH Playful Petals stamp set, I added petal-shaped patterns and sentiments onto each petal.  This stamp set is perfect for this flower die cut!  I layered the two die cuts, a silk flower and a brad on top. 

Then I used the CTMH The Works Alphabet stamp set to stamp "2010" onto a strip of cs, also inked on the edges and lightly sponged with ink.  I used a small flourish from Playful Petals to add detail on each end of the date.  The flower and the date strip were adhered to the front cover of the calendar and reinserted into the plastic sleeve.

Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments: