CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.30.2009

Red/Black Snowflake "Thanks" Card

Each year, the day after Christmas, I get to work on my thank you notes for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts my family and I received over the holidays...this year I got started a couple of days late, but I finished them today and I'll be filling them out tomorrow and (hopefully) mailing them by Jan. 1.  Whew!!!  :)

These thank you's were made with the Magic Of The Season paper pack from Hobby Lobby.  I just LOVE the papers in this pack and the awesome black/red/cream color combo!  I used a cream card base, cut black cs slightly smaller than the base, and then cut the red snowflake pattern slightly smaller than the black cs (and inked the edges in black).  I cut a 1" x 5" strip of the cream snowflake pattern and used my scallop edge scissors to trim both sides (I inked the edges of this as well).  I adhered the strip in the middle of the card.

For the embellishment, I used the Home Accents Cricut cartridge and cut a snowflake at 2 1/2" out of black cs.  I used black glitter glue to cover the top outer edges of the snowflake, let that dry, and then layered a cream flower over it.  I used cream satin ribbon to tie a bow and stamped "Thanks" (CTMH "Thank You" #D1361) on each tail of the bow using black Staz-On ink (CTMH #Z888) and attached it to the snowflake/flower with a large black brad.

Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments: