CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.21.2009

Water(melon) Baby Layout

This page is based on this week's Friday Sketch Challenge from ScrapSketch...I love this sketch!  As soon as I saw it, even though it is obviously based on a Halloween theme, I thought of a watermelon, then thought of this paper I've had for a while, then thought of the cutie-patootie watermelon suit The Mess Maker had that first summer after she was born, at 6 months.  She was soooooooo cute!  (And still is of course!)

I used my Cricut to cut the layered circles for the watermelon slice, and narrow ovals for the seeds (George), then cut each circle in half.  I cut the pink glitter circle into four "slices" (triangles) and trimmed them a little so the yellow would show through.  I also used my Cricut for the title (Opposites Attract)...then layered the words on strips of yellow cs to make them pop a little agasint that patterned background.

Everything's inked on the edges and even though the paper already had a good amount of sparkle to it, I added stickles to the word "melon" and also to the green rind of the watermelon.  A few buttons and a little rickrack later, and I was done!  Thanks for looking!!!  :)

Original Sketch:

1 comment:

Leslie L. said...

That turned out adorable!!