CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.15.2009

My First Accordian Album From Scratch!


Closed and Tied

Partially Open

Fully Open
-----------------------------------------------

I will admit that I spend WAY too much time looking at crafting blogs and websites in my "free" time....and when I say "free" I mean using the time that I should be cleaning my house and doing laundry.  :) 

ANYWAY, I found THIS BLOG by Syrena and fell in love with these accordian albums, because they aren't the typical accordian albums you find everywhere.  I love the way Syrena angled the papers to give it the unique shape...the pages are on the diagonal (diamond shape) instead of the typical square/rectangle!

So I decided to try and figure it out on my own and I was actually able to re-create the album, though mine isn't as detailed as hers!  So here's what I did...using three sheets of cardstock, I scored each one in half both vertically and horizontally, to make four even squares.  Then I scored two squares diagonally (opposite of each other) on each piece of cs.  I folded the cs along all score lines.  Then I adhered all three sheets together, making sure the diagonal score marks were on the top and bottom of the layout.  I had to play around with folding it until I got it right.  It's hard to explain, but the two outer sheets kind of fold in toward the patterend paper side, and the middle sheet folds sort-of back toward the cs side.  I know that probably makes NO sense! 

To embellish, I matted each diamond with a piece of patterned paper...I used CTMH papers (Jingle Collection).  I added either layered strips of paper, photo corners (punch) or snowflakes (Cricut--AE) on each piece.  Then I added glitter glue to all the embellishments.  Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments: