CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.17.2009

Shrink Plastic Charm Bracelet-CTMH

I decided to try my hand (hah...no pun intented) at making a bracelet using shrink plastic charms!  Using my "You've Got Flair" stamp set from Close To My Heart, I stamped the images using Staz-On black ink onto shrink plastic (Hobby Lobby).  Then I turned the sheet over, colored the images using colored permanent markers (Hobby Lobby), then cut them out.  I used a mini hole punch to make a small hole in the top of each charm.

To shrink them, I used my heat gun (I protected my work surface by putting the pieces on a small cookie sheet with a pot holder underneath).  I held each one down with my craft tweezers and heated until it shrunk and became hard.  I let it cool, then lifted from the cookie sheet.

I bought a premade bracelet and little silver rings (Hobby Lobby) and attached the charms every four holes on the bracelet.  And that's it!  I love the personalized look it has and plan to make more.  I think my next one will be with some jumbo letter stamps, for the Mess Maker's teachers at preschool...  :)

I wonder if the Cricut markers would work on shrink plastic???  Off to the Cricut Message Board to find out...

4 comments:

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

What possessed you to protect your work surface? hahahahahahah!

Christmas presents in the house!!!

Pattie said...

What department at hobby lobby do you find the shrink plastic?

Thank you!!

Lori (THCEO) said...

Hi Pattie,

The shrink plastic I got at Hobby Lobby was in with the "kids crafts" supplies, in one of the back aisles in the store. Hope that helps! I'm sure a HL employee could direct you if they're familiar with that department...

Good luck! :)
Lori (THCEO)

Pattie said...

Thank you! I found it right away. Can't wait to make a bracelet!