CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.18.2009

My First Etched Glass Project

I decided to try my hand at glass etching...using my Cricut of course!  :)  Here is my result:
















Below, I placed a piece of black cardstock inside the glass because it showed the etching better in the photo:



















I cut a leaf at 3" from Accent Essentials out of plain contact paper. I lifted the inside pieces of the die cut up with a piece of scotch tape to keep them evenly spaced. I applied the negative image of my die cut to the glass, then taped the inner pieces down, adhered the contact paper to the glass, then lifted the tape...perfectly spaced pieces! This was my stencil.

Then I applied etching cream with a foam brush, waited five minutes, and washed/wiped the etching cream off of the glass, rinsed it and dried it.  Here is the result...there is a little spot where it didn't "etch evenly", even after I went back and applied more to that area.  Not sure what went wrong...but I suppose for my first try it's okay!

Thanks for looking!!!  :)

No comments: