CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.14.2009

I love these little pumpkins!


I made the original paper pumpkin (pictured in a previous post) for my CTMH Launch Party...but I just had to make more...I just loves these little guys!  I decided to make several to display in a bowl on my table for the fall season.  I made two from orange cardstock, one from brown cs, and one more patterned pumpkin to match the original (with a different colored leaf and different sentiment)...here's how to make them:

1.  Cut 12 strips of 1" x 6" paper (cardstock isn't as easy to use for this project, but I made it work)
2.  Stack the strips of paper and punch a hole using a Crop-A-Dile at both ends of the stack.
3.  Place a brad through the holes and fasten.
4.  Carefully fan out and arch the paper strips until a round, pumpkin shape is achieved.
5.  Layer 2 pieces of ribbon and fold in half.  Tie a piece of hemp around the ribbons to form "stem".
6.  Using glue dots, attach all four ends of the stem to the top of the pumpkin, covering the brad.
7.  Cut a leaf (Doodlecharms on the Cricut), punch a hole in it, and set an eyelet.
8.  Using the hemp, tie the leaf around the stem of the pumpkin.

That's it...super easy and super fun...can't wait to make more of these!!!  :)

P.S. This project meets the requirement for this week's Just Buggin' (Challenge #7) & the Creative Belli Blog Challenge, too!

3 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What an adorable little project! thanks for the deets! And thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Ceal said...

how cute are these?!? I will have to try some myself! thanks for joining the Belli girls

Chrissy D said...

These are such a great project - perfect for a centerpiece, ornaments or whatever! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge! Cute blog -