CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.26.2009

Craft Fair Goodies!!!

I went to my first craft fair this morning!  Okay, it was actually an expo for moms to showcase their businesses, but there were customers!!!  So even though the focus of my display was for Close To My Heart and sharing the classes and clubs I'm offering, I wanted to make a few little "goodies" for sale as well.  :)

I didn't sell very many, but I think they'll make cute little treats to give out on Halloween!  The first item I made was the peppermint patty spider...I've seen these several places, but my inspiration came from Dawn's Blog...I just love the super-cute projects she posts!  The one shown on her site was made with punches but since I was making 40 of them and didn't want to cut out 100s of shapes, I decided to use my good friend, the Cricut.  Here is my result:
I used the scallop (blackout) circle from the Storybook cartridge for the body, and the parenthesis from the Opposties Attract cartridge for the legs.  I cut mini circles to back the googly eyes and cut mini red paper noses as well.   The peppermint patty is hidden between the scallop circles!

The second item I made was the Sesame Street character play-doh.  I got the idea from Kerry's Blog and fell in love with these little guys! 
They were as simple as cutting a tag from Storybook, folding it in half and attaching to the baggie with glue dots.  Then I made the sesame street guys using the same scallop circle as the spiders, and added various sized circles for the facial features.  A little ribbon added some color to the tag.

The third item I made was "Ghost Poop"...hah!  I found this little poem online and came up with this design myself:
I again used the tag from Storybook, folded it in half and then glued it to the bag with glue dots.  I printed the poem on cardstock, matted with purple cardstock and attached.  I tied a ribbon around, then cut a ghost out of patterned paper and matted with a larger purple circle and adhered it with a foam dot.  That's it!  Here's the poem:

"Ghost Poop"
I hear that you've been playing tricks,
So listen here's the scoop...
I'm running short on candy treats,
So this year you get Ghost Poop!!!

My table at the craft fair:











No comments: