CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.11.2010

Teapot Tea Gift Box

I saw a gift box made from a chipboard apple by Amy Scheffer at Pickled Paper Designs and thought, wouldn't it be cute to do a teapot and put some tea bags in it for a friend???  :)  I, too, got my chipboard shape (teapot) out of the Dollar Spot at Michael's.  It's a five-page chipboard album but I just took two pages off and used those.
I covered both the back and the front of each piece by tracing the teapot onto the cardstock and cutting it out.  I also inked ech piece.
For the box (between the two teapot pieces) I followed Amy's tutorial, modifying the size a bit...mine is 5 1/4 x 7 and is scored at 2" on each side.  This size fits better between the teapots and is a better size for holding tea bags.
The 3D flowers were cut with George at 1 1/2".  I used three blooms for each flower (nine total).  I cut two petals off of one flower and overlapped two petals to make the inner part of the flower.  Then I cut one petal off of another flower and layered two petals over each other to make the middle layer of the flower.  I snipped the point of each of these pieces and then layered them with a whole flower.  Each flower was inked and then all three pieces were put together with a brad.  To finish, I curled the edges of the petals with my fingers.  I added some leafy ribbon to the top of the teapot and attached the flowers.

The tag was cut with Tags Bags Boxes and More at 1 1/2".  I stamped the sentiment (CTMH) and attached with a foam dot.

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

3 comments:

Ladybug said...

That is just tooooo cute! TFS! :-)

~BridgetL~ said...

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I have a friend that is under the weather at the moment and I am going to run out to M's and get some stuff to make her one. :)

Brenda said...

ohhhh I LOVE this!!! You did a beautiful job!!!
hugs
Brenda