CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.20.2009

File Folder Accordian Tag Album

My friend is a CTMH consultant and had a "Fit Folios" album class the other night where we made accordian albums from these 12 x 12 file folders used to hold memorabilia in scrapbooks.  I thought it was a pretty clever idea and decided if it could be made from those, it likely could be made from a regular cheapo file folder from the office supply store...and I was right!  :)
To make the album, I opened the file folder and folded it the opposite way.  I then folded it in half, and then folded each side in half again, to form four 4 1/2" rectangles.  Then I creased all the folds with my bone folder.  To adhere the pages, I ran my tape runner along each crease (on the inside of the file folder) and then on the very outside edges as well.  Then I folded it back up, accordian style, and it made four pockets, one on each folded page.

I used some coordinating papers from Imaginisce and covered both sides (8 rectangles total).  I used my old school CM circle cutter to cut half circles at the top of the inside pages (my friend's idea)...then cut the patterned paper to match.  I inked all the edges and embellished it with die cuts from my Cricut:  frame, italic sentiments, flowers, hearts (HD), title (OA).  I also added several stamped journaling spots.

To make the tags, I cut coordinating cardstock slightly smaller than the pocket size, about 4 1/4 wide by 5 3/4 long.  I rounded the corners, inked the edges and punched a hole in the top for ribbon accents.  The front page tag has to be slightly narrower to fit in the pocket, as the tabbed portion of the file folder makes that rectangle just slightly smaller.

And that's it...super easy, super quick, and super fun!  TFL!!!  :)

1 comment:

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

I LOVE it!! It is beautiful!! I see many, many, many of these in my future. Scraplifted right off of this blog!!

Great work, great creativity!!