CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.03.2009

Altered Journal and Pen Gift Set

I made these gift sets for the Mess Maker's preschool teachers as a way to say "Thanks" for helping her transition into school go so smoothly.  The teachers are great and I wanted to show them a little appreciation. 

I originally planned to cover chipboard with patterned paper and use the Zutter (which I just got...woo hoo!) to bind them, and then add a notepad on the inside.  But then I found these beautiful printed journals at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and was able to use my 40% off coupons on them.  I deicded they were just as pretty as any patterned paper I have, and it saved me the work of starting from scratch.  :)

I used my Cricut to add some detail to the cover:  I used the Storybook cartridge for the letters and Accent Essentials for the scallop frame and border.  I tied coordinating ribbons to the spiral spine and included a little note "from" the Mess Maker inside.

Then I taped a silk flower to the end of a ballpoint pen and wrapped floral tape around the pen to secure the flower.  The pen will be placed in the spiral spine of the journal when I put them in gift bags.

Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments: