This is probably one of my most favorite projects to date! I just love this little thing and I really think it looks good enough to eat!!! Not only is it just too cute to look at, it also holds a giftcard, hidden inside the cupcake!!!
The idea came from the Stamp Goddess (Fabulously Artsy) and her YouTube video called "Hey, Cupcake".
The detailed, step-by-step instructions are included in that video. But just to give you a basic understanding of what's involved, here's what I did:
1. Used my Expression (George) to cut a 6" chipboard circle. Snipped edges and folded up to form cupcake base.
2. Accordian-pleated patterned paper to cover chipboard circle.
3. Cut a styrofoam ball in half then added foam dots along two sides to hold the two halves together.
4. Add layers of pleated ribbon, flowers (cut from Tags, Bags Boxes & More cartridge), crumpled paper, ribbon, and flowers.
5. Glued painted wooden bead to top of small binder clip to make the "cherry" and used crumpled paper to make "whipped cream". Glued whipped cream around cherry.
6. Insert giftcard into binder clip, then insert inbetween two halves of styrofoam ball.
7. Embellish with glitter glue.
Here's a view from the top:
Thanks for looking!!!