CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.20.2010

Just Buggin Challenge #21: Monochromatic Baby Brag Book


This week's challenge #21 over at Just Buggin is to use a monochromatic color theme on our Cricut project.  I wanted to make a brag book for a cousin that recently had her first baby (a boy!) and I decided to go with a blue monochromatic color scheme.

Using three varying sizes of acrylic sheets (Fancy Pants Designs) and some Heidi Grace papers, I made the base for this album.  The paper had two coordinating patterns in various shades of blue.  The top was a paisley and the bottom was a polka dot.  I alternated the two sides and covered the back and front of each acrylic sheet, round the right side corners on each page.

I used my Cricut to cut the large "b" on the cover using Plantin Schoolbook, then attached a flower embellishment and tied a ribbon around the top.

I used Calligraphy Collection to cut the words "baby" and "evan" on the right sides of the first and last pages of the book.

To embellish the brag book, I added coordinating blue flowers and mini flower brads (craft supply), blue cardstock strips trimmed with scallop-edge scissors and layered with the coordinating background papers, and a journaling spot stamped with CTMH's Frame of Mind Acrylic Stamp Set.  To finish, I tied ribbons (craft supply) on the two binder rings.

I left a lot of blank space for photos, journaling and mementos.
Thanks for looking!  :)

9 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Lori

This is just gorgeous and your cousin should be delighted with your lovely gift. I love the baby blue colours and the special details that you have done.

K xx

Judy said...

Wow! This baby book is beautiful! I know your cousin will love it!

Lynne said...

This baby book is super cute!!
Lynne JB DT

Christine said...

So cute! I'm sure your cousing will love it!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Hope said...

Great brag book! Love the soothing colors. ;)

Anonymous said...

Such a super cute idea! Love the papers you used and I'm sure she will adore it!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Lori, is is absolutely adorable, oh what a great job you did on this sweet brag book!

You are awesome to have on Just Buggin' design team.

Robin :)

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

I love this brag book, great work. Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin!

Lisa
Just Buggin' Design Team

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Lori, this is beautiful. I had this hardest time with this one, but you totally rocked it.