CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.31.2010

Fatnabulous Cricut Challenge #12: For Baby

This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is to make a project for baby...a shower gift, card, album, etc.  I love to make baby projects...one of my most favorite gifts to make using my Cricut. 

I do have a confession to make:  I'm not home right now and since I forgot to upload a photo of my "baby" project before I left town, I have to show you one of my projects from a while back.  SORRY!!!  :)

This is a photo of half of the shower invitation I made for my sister's baby shower...the side that's cut off just has the shower information printed from my computer.  Hard to believe my niece had her first birthday this weekend...oh, how time flies!

I used New Arrival to make the stork and baby/blanket, and George to cut the small flowers.  The papers are from Michael's.  To add extra detail to the blanket, I covered it in white tulle and cinched it at the top with ribbon.  I also added rhinestones to the flower centers and used pop dots for dimension.  For the baby's face, I layered green cardstock behind the eyes and pink behind the mouth, with some "rosy cheeks" added by applying pink chalk.

I hope you'll head over to FCCB and check out all the design team projects...there is a ton of great inspiration!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

5 comments:

Kate said...

This invitation is lovely!! The work on the blanket is wonderful. I'm glad you showed a former project or I'd have never seen it. :)

Melissa said...

Love the invite! The stork is so cute! Love the paper you chose too.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Adorable invite! Great colors and lots of eye popping fun to look at!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

I love everything about this card. The stork, the colors. This is great, congrats. I love making girl cards-they can be so frilly.

BrendaB said...

Wonderful project! I really love the way you used the tulle as part of the baby blanket!