CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.17.2009

Craft: "CREATE" Curtain Rod Decoration

I used to share my scrapbooking space with the Mess Maker in the downstairs bedroom. But we decided to convert our upstairs gameroom into a playroom, and put the guestroom downstairs so our guests could have their own bathroom (instead of sharing one with the Mess Maker!)...so, that left the old guestroom empty. Hmmm...what could we possibly do with it? Oh, I know! :) I snatched the room for myself (and my ever-growing stash of supplies)!

I decided to do a black and white theme throughout the room, with a taupe-gray color on the walls. I LOVE the elegant, grown-up look (compared to the bright juvenile colors of the playroom!). I made some curtains with a black and white fabric but decided the window needed something more. Then I got the idea to add the letters of the word "CREATE"...a perfect description of what I use the room for.

So here is my latest craft...I used my Cricut to cut the frames (Accent Essentials cartridge) and backed them with white cardstock, then cut the letters (Opposites Attract cartridge) and used a liquid adhesive pen to attach them to the frames. I finished the frames off with some swirl clips and ribbons... Hope you like it!

No comments: