CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.17.2010

Fall Pumpkin Topiary

Fall is soooooooo my favorite time of year!  I love the weather, the colors, the festivities AND the decorating!  This year, I don't have a plant in the urn on my front porch.  Poor thing didn't stand a chance in the Texas heat!  So I decided to make a pumpkin topiary to dress up my front porch.

I got all supplies for this topiary at Michaels.  The pumpkins were half off this week.  Because the white ones were so stark (and still look that way in the photo, though they're not) I used an antiquing medium mixed with several drops of brown re-inker and coated each pumpkin with it.  It gives an aged or slightly distressed/worn look.  I hot glued those together (after cutting off the stems) and added leaves between, where the hot glue was exposed. 

I didn't have enough leaves so I used my Cricut (Stretch Your Imagination, Wild Card) to cut some more.  I sprayed the leaf die cuts with water, scrunched them up and then dried them with my heat tool.  I inked the raised portions and the edges and they looked like beautiful fall leaves!  I hot glued those to a grapevine that I wrapped around the pumpkins.  I also added some brown raffia, twisted around the grapevine.
I set it in the urn, added some moss around the edges (sprayed with Ortho Max...no bugs allowed!!!) and I now have a pretty cool-looking decoration on my porch!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

3 comments:

Paula Puckett said...

Wow! Totally awesome! It looks fantastic! How will everything hold up in the cold, wet weather? TFS

Unknown said...

These are absolutely beautiful. Now come make some for my front porch!

Becky B. said...

Oh, WOW! This is TERRIFIC! Fall is also my favorite time of the year so I may have to make something similiar for my entryway! Thanks for the inspiration!