CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.27.2010

"Little Yankee" Layout: FCCB Challenge #29--Natl. Sewing Month!

This week's Fantabulous Cricut Challenge is called "National Sewing Month", in honor of...National Sewing Month! :) We had to use some type of stitching on our project, whether by hand, machine or even faux stitching. I went for the machine stitching, since I love the look of it and don't use it much...and now I remember WHY I don't use it much... Basically, I suck. HAHAHA!

I have had this paper for years and years...really. And I thought the colors went really well with the colors in the photo, so it finally got put to use. For the argyle (did I spell that right???) pattern, I cut diamonds with my Cricut (George and Basic Shapes), adhered them to the yellow carstock strip and then sewed diagonally across them to create the argyle look.

The title is from the Cricut Boys Will Be Boys cartridge (one of my new FAVES!)...I cut the base of the sentiment out, and instead of using the "man" part of the cut, I found the word "Yankee" in the Yankees font somewhere online and printed it out, cropping it to fit in the box. Perfect with the Noise Maker's little Yankee's outfit, huh? :)

Pretty simple layout, but I love the color combo and it's one of my most favorite pictures of my little guy! Hope you'll head over to FCCB and play along with this week's challenge with a sewn project of your own!

Happy Crafting! :)

6 comments:

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

How super adorable!! the layout and the little boy :)

BrendaB said...

What an adorable page! I love the idea of stitching on the diamonds to make an argyle pattern!

Rhonda Emery said...

what an adorable little guy and layout.

Kim. said...

Such a beautiful layout and a really cute photo.
Kim xXx

Kate said...

Great job with the stitching! Your border looks perfect with the argyle paper. (Full marks for spelling argyle correctly too!!)

Anonymous said...

I love this! Not to mention that I am a Big Yankees Fan! We might be looking at the next Rookie for the Yankees!