CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.05.2009

Wine Glass Charms (Stamped Shrink Plastic)

These are another project I'll be presenting at one of my CTMH Home Decor Club meetings...shrink plastic wine glass charms!!!  These are super-simple and super-fun and they're inexpensive enough to have a set for every occasion!

To make the charms, I stamped a flourish from the "You've Got Flair" My Acrylix Stamp Set in Staz-On ink onto a shrink plastic sheet.  I turned the stamped sheet over and colored in the images with colored Sharpie markers.  Then I cut out the images and used a Crop-a-Dile to punch a small hole in one end of each one.

Using my heat gun, I heated the image until it shrunk and became hard (about 30 seconds).  Once cool, I attached a silver ring to the charm.  To assemble the wire hoops, I put six beads on the wire and attached the metal ring with the charm on it in the middle.  Then I looped one end of the wire and then bent the other end of the wire so it would hook into the loop.

You can make different colored charms for each guest in your party and no one will confuse their drinks!  Just a note, though:  darker colors (greens, blues, purples) don't turn out...they appear almost gray or black once shrunk, so stick to lighter colors like red, orange, yellow and pink.

Thanks for looking!!!  :)

3 comments:

Angela S. said...

did you use black staz-on ink and then clean it off after you colored the other side of the plastic?

Lori (THCEO) said...

I used the black Staz-On ink to stmap the image...then turned the sheet over and colored the images in from the other side (so the Staz-On didn't smear). I didn't clean the Staz-On off when I was done, I just shrunk the image with my heat gun with the stamp lines on there...I think it gives it a little extra detail. It might otherwise just look like a plain blob of color!!! :)

Angela S. said...

Great! Thanks for your help!! I am planning on making little snowflakes to hang on my Christmas cards this year!! I hope they turn out as cute as yours!