CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.16.2009

'Sorry I'm Slow' Snail Card

This card is made from the Walk In My Garden Cricut cartridge...it's similar to my turtle card (see older post) but I wanted to use this cutie-patootie snail this time.  I've fallen behind on some family/friend birthdays the past month or so, so this is my attempt at saying sorry!  :)

I cut the snail out of black cs twice using the shadow feature, then used the blackout feature to cut it once in white (to mat the inside).  Then I cut it from green cs for the front and cut the layer out of patterned paper (from a paper stack, can't remember the manufacturer!).  To make the card, I glued the "tail" pieces together and bent the back piece right next to the tail so it opened easily. 

I added flower brads on the antenna, and a black brad for the eye.  To finish him off, I added a small bow and printed "Sorry I'm Slow" on cs, used a circle punch to cut it out and matted it with a scalloped circle, all layered together and adhered to the top of the bow.

Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments: