I FELL IN LOVE TODAY...
With this super-cute project!!! Over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts, I found a great tutorial on this cute tealight candle lollipop, originally designed by Kristy Dunyon. I just had to make one of my own!
If you want a video tutorial, Dawn does a great one. But just a quick rundown of what I did:
1. Hot glue a lollipop stick (available at craft stores, Wal-Mart, etc.) to the back of a tea light with a clear holder (the metal ones don't make it look as much like a real lollipop!).
2. Then hot glue a circle (either punched or die cut...I used my Cricut) cut at the same size as the candle to the back of the candle, covering where you glued the stick on.
3. Place in plastic/cellophane bag and tie closed with string/embroidery floss.
4. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock (I used a holiday sentiment stamp from Close To My Heart). Mat with coordinating cardstock and punch a hole at one end. Thread string through hole and add charm. Tie in a knot and trim the ends.
5. To finish, tie a coordinating ribbon around the lollipop and trim ends.
That's it...so easy and soooooooo cute!!! Thanks for looking! :)