CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.14.2010

Viola's Boutique Crochet Flower Cards

Some of the Fantabulous Cricut Design Team members were very generously given some free crochet flowers from Viola's Boutique, one of our newest sponsors...with the challenge on using them on a project! 
I chose some white daisies with yellow centers, each with green leaves.  I just adore these little lovelies! 

I used some patterned paper scraps in my scrap bins and put together a standard-size red floral card, and a mini 3x3 yellow dot card.  On the red card, the yellow centers didn't match, so I insered pearl brad (Eyelet Outlet) through the centers to cover the yellow.  It gives the flowers a completely different look.  I added some computer-printed journaling on a layered frame from Storybook and tied a ribbon to finish.

For the yellow card, I used a small jewel brad that still allowed the yellow center to show, which coordinated perfectly with the yellow paper.  I used Stroybook to cut out the black scallop circle shape to place behind the daisy to make it pop.  The sentiment is a CTMH stamp, stamped in black to match the die cut scallop circle.

I am so grateful to Viola's Boutiqe and can't wait to use more of these adorable crochet beauties!

3 comments:

Kate said...

These are gorgeous! I've never used anything crocheted on a project before. What a lovely look!

BrendaB said...

Love your cards, Lori! I love the different centers you added to the daisies!

Viola said...

Your cards are beautiful!I'm so honored that my crochet flowers are in your great projects!Thank you so much!