CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.16.2010

Get Staz-On Ink Off Your Acrylic Stamp Blocks!

If you haven't received the newest edition of Creating Keepsakes Magazine, you're in for a treat!  I got mine in the mail yesterday...woo hoo!  I must admit that I am a papercrafting magazine addict (really).  But CK is by far my fave.

Anyway, as I was browsing through the pages I noticed an article on acrylic stamping blocks.  It said that you could use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get Staz-On ink off of the blocks!  If you don't know what Staz-On ink is, it's a super-permanent ink that will stamp and stay onto almost anything...including the acrylic block your stamp is on.  Why I never thought to try this before is beyond me.  DUH!

So, I gave it a try, since I had a couple of blocks that looked pretty rough after a Staz-On project a while back.

Here's the before:
Here is the Magic Eraser at work:
And here is the result:
TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How cool is that?  They look brand new.  Great, something else I have to find a place to keep in my scrapbook room.  Hee, hee, hee....

5 comments:

Mel said...

Never tried that, I always have a tub of baby wipes handy. Although at times they leave little fuzzies behind:D

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

The magic eraser is the BOMB!! works on almost everything... just have to be careful on surfaces w/ a shine, it will dull that shine - i know I did it on my kitchen table and a small spot on one of my walls, didn't notice the wall until I saw what happend on my table! OPPPS

Sheila H said...

Thanks for the tip! I have been afraid to use Stazon for this very reason - now I have nothing to fear :)

Ann Marie said...

what a great tip. i have these around the house and never would have thought to use them on my blocks. thanks for sharing this.

Ashley said...

yay! finally!! I have scrubbed mine forever haha