CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.28.2010

FCCB Scrappin' Saturday #2: Custom Die-Cut Background Paper

My topic this week for FCCB's Scrappin' Saturday is creating custom, die-cut background papers for your layouts!  You know those super-expensive laser-edge or die-cut edge papers you find at the scrapbook store?  They typically cost a LOT more than your standard papers and come in very few patterns/colors...so why not make them yourself???

Using your Cricut and the blackout feature on many images, you can cut your own die-cut papers to match any theme you're working with.  Here, I used Storybook to create a 10 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch decorative shape.  I used the shadow feature to cut in in turquoise, then used the standard mode to cut the black/white patterned piece.  I layered them to give it the look of a bordered die-cut paper.

Give this a try and let me know what you come up with!  You can go super-simple, like a scalloped circle, or super-detailed, with lace-look edges and details.  I promise you'll be excited at the endless options this technique provides!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!!!  :)

No comments: