CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.22.2010

FANTABULOUS CRICUT Challenge #2!

Back with another challenge for you this week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (FCCB)!!!  The criteria for this challenge is to use pastel colors on an Easter project...it can be a card, layout, 3D item, etc.  Use your creativity and head over to FCCB and enter your project today!  And be sure to check out the other Design Team members' creations...you will truly be inspired!

I made a card using Doodlecharms for the egg and George for the circles, ovals and triangle that comprise the rest of the card.  For the egg, I cut out two idential eggs from white cardstock using the shadow feautre, layered them on top of each other and then used my craft knife to cut the "crack line".  I discarded one of the tops.  I cut one egg from patterned paper, followed the crack line on the white egg, and cut it in half.  I inked each piece and adhered the patterned paper onto the white cardstock pieces.

To assemble the card base, I placed adhesive around the bottom and sides of the bottom half of the egg and adhered the two bottom halves together...this made a pocket for the chick.  I attached the top and bottom of the egg with a brad, accented with a pink acrylic tag and a flower.  This allows the top of the egg to be lifted/rotated to reveal the chick!

Next, I cut out two ovals (George) for the body and face of the chick.  I cut a small orange triangle for the beak, and inked each piece.  I accented the face with google eyes and some pink chalk for the cheeks.  To finish, I hand cut a bow from green patterned paper and accented it with a button and ribbon.  I printed "chick" onto white cardstock, trimmed it into a tag shape and attached it to the bow.  I placed a small piece of adhesive on the bottom of the chick body and inserted it in between the two white egg halves on the bottom.

For the sentiment, I printed "Happy Easter" onto an oval that was pre-cut (George) and then layered it with a green patterned oval (using the shadow feature).  To accent this oval, I added two flower brads with two paper flowers.  The I used pop dots to adhere it on the front of the egg.

When the recipient gets the card, it reads, "Happy Easter....chick!".  :)

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!!!

6 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

adorable!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute I love the colors

debbiebakk said...

so cute, I'll have to start thinking about my project for the week.

PenLight said...

Lori, this is adorable. How wonderful to receive this card!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Super Cute!!! such a detailed little chick, I love how she can just pop out of her egg. Awesome!!!!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Awesome!!!

I have a blog award for you - check out my blog to get it.