CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.22.2010

FANTABULOUS CRICUT Challenge #2!

Back with another challenge for you this week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (FCCB)!!!  The criteria for this challenge is to use pastel colors on an Easter project...it can be a card, layout, 3D item, etc.  Use your creativity and head over to FCCB and enter your project today!  And be sure to check out the other Design Team members' creations...you will truly be inspired!

I made a card using Doodlecharms for the egg and George for the circles, ovals and triangle that comprise the rest of the card.  For the egg, I cut out two idential eggs from white cardstock using the shadow feautre, layered them on top of each other and then used my craft knife to cut the "crack line".  I discarded one of the tops.  I cut one egg from patterned paper, followed the crack line on the white egg, and cut it in half.  I inked each piece and adhered the patterned paper onto the white cardstock pieces.

To assemble the card base, I placed adhesive around the bottom and sides of the bottom half of the egg and adhered the two bottom halves together...this made a pocket for the chick.  I attached the top and bottom of the egg with a brad, accented with a pink acrylic tag and a flower.  This allows the top of the egg to be lifted/rotated to reveal the chick!

Next, I cut out two ovals (George) for the body and face of the chick.  I cut a small orange triangle for the beak, and inked each piece.  I accented the face with google eyes and some pink chalk for the cheeks.  To finish, I hand cut a bow from green patterned paper and accented it with a button and ribbon.  I printed "chick" onto white cardstock, trimmed it into a tag shape and attached it to the bow.  I placed a small piece of adhesive on the bottom of the chick body and inserted it in between the two white egg halves on the bottom.

For the sentiment, I printed "Happy Easter" onto an oval that was pre-cut (George) and then layered it with a green patterned oval (using the shadow feature).  To accent this oval, I added two flower brads with two paper flowers.  The I used pop dots to adhere it on the front of the egg.

When the recipient gets the card, it reads, "Happy Easter....chick!".  :)

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!!!

6 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

adorable!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute I love the colors

Debbie Bakk said...

so cute, I'll have to start thinking about my project for the week.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Lori, this is adorable. How wonderful to receive this card!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Super Cute!!! such a detailed little chick, I love how she can just pop out of her egg. Awesome!!!!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Awesome!!!

I have a blog award for you - check out my blog to get it.