CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.25.2011

Amazing Bluebirds...

Growing up, we called Blue Jays "bluebirds".  It wasn't until I moved to Texas that I actually saw a true Blue Bird.  How amazingly gorgeous they are!  My dad told me to put up a special "Blue Bird box" (got ours at Lowe's) and they'd nest in our yard.  And they did.  They eat bugs which I LOVE, so we now have three boxes spread out over the yard. 

This year, we added one over the back patio, mounted to the house.  I wasn't sure they'd nest in it, but they did...we've been patiently waiting and we now have baby Blue Birds to enjoy...
Truly amazing, aren't they?  Can't wait to see the little ones start flying and eating up those Texas-sized bugs!  :)

1 comment:

4kids4 said...

Great pictures! We love bluebirds...we had some nest in our boxes a few years back, but we haven't seen any since. :-( Thanks for sharing these pics!

~Sharon C.