CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.28.2010

I Met "Dear Lizzy" Today!!!

The owner of my local scrapbook store won a contest, the prize for which was a class taught by Elizabeth Kartchner (aka "Dear Lizzy")!  Now if you know me well, you know that I absolutely idolize this girl!  I just love her scrapbooking style and if I had to choose a "celebrity" to meet, she would be it!!!  The second I heard she was teaching a class here I called and reserved a spot!

  Here's a photo of us from this morning:
She taught a super-fun class and we got a TON of the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Collection supplies!
We made this super-adorable layout, with my favorite...handmade flowers!  It's not done yet...I still need to add the main photo and a strip of smaller photos on the pink piece of cardstock:
And we also made a super-cute mini album out of just 4x6 photo protectors!  This one needs the photos, too.  After adding the photos, I'll punch the holes through the page protectors and tie the ribbon:
One product we used today that I fell in love with is the adhesive backed fabric paper...it's awesome!  You can fray the edges of it really easily to give that shabby chic feel to your projects.

Super-dork here also had Elizabeth autograph my "52 More Scrapbooking Challenges" book which she authored.  In my defnse, though, I wasn't the only one that asked her to!
This was seriously the highlight of my year!  Thanks Lizzy for a FABULOUS class!

No comments: