CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.15.2010

Horse "Happy Birthday" Card

My grandma was having a hard time finding a horse-themed birthday card for one of her great-grandkids that loves horses...so I made her this one to give him!  I made this one a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card since kids like big cards!!! 

I used Create a Critter for the horses (using the "flip" feature on one of them), and used Melin's Face Tutorial for the eyes.  I inked the white card base with two colors of blue ink to make the sky.  Then I tore two colors of green cardstock to make the hills.  I snipped narrow strips into a 3/4" x 8 1/2" strip of the lighter green and ahdered it in front for grass.  Then I hand cut the fence poles, inked them and adhered them over the grass, adding twine behind them to complete the fence.  The clouds are also from Create a Critter.  For the "happy BIRTHDAY" I used CTMH stamps and inks (as well as for the inking on the individual pieces).

I hope he (and my grandma) likes it!  Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

No comments: