I made these super-yummy Chocolate Andes Cookies for a cookie exchange party last night with the girls...soooo fun! They turned out really good and were really simple to make, so I'm sharing the recipe for anyone interested.
The recipe originally came from Jackie Schmidt at AllRecipes.com:
Chocolate Andes Cookies
3/4 C butter
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 T water
2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 (4.5 oz.) packages of Andes mints
1. In a saucepan, cook sugar, butter and water until melted. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl and beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and stir into chocolate. Cover and refrigerate dough at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 minutes in the oven. When cookies come out of oven, press one Andes mint into the top of each cookie and let sit 1 minute. When mint is soft, swirl with the back of a spoon to make a pattern with the green filling of the candy.
5. Let cool. Makes approx. 40 cookies.