CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.11.2010

FCCB Scrappin' Saturday: Job Layout Challenge!

I'm excited that we are having our first Scrappin' Saturday Layout Challenge today at Fantabulous Cricut (FCCB)!  I made the layout above for this challenge.

We are offering a prize...a Cricut Alphalicious cartridge goes to the winner!!!  The requirements are to make a layout about your job, featuring YOU, and to use at least one Cricut cut somewhere on your project.  Fun, right?  Participants have one week to complete their layout and submit to FCCB.

For my layout, I used the FABULOUS American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection papers.  These are leftovers from the class I took from Elizabeth Kartchner herself!  I love these papers...they just make me happy!
I used my Cricut George cartridge to cut the hearts and circles (to make the spiral flowers).  I lifted the edges of the hearts for dimension.
The spiral flowers, which I learned from Elizabeth Kartchner, are really simple.  You just spiral cut a circle (any size), leaving a small round portion uncut in the center of the flower.  Starting with the outermost end, begin rolling inward until you've reached the center.  Then just put a brad through the center of the flower (grabbing the innermost piece of the rolled flower) to secure it.  Using your hand, you can gently but firmly press down on the entire to flatten it out somewhat.
I also used the Street Sign cartridge for my title ("proof") and for the small arrows on the photos.  This layout is based on a sketch by PageMaps:
PageMaps is having a layout contest using this sketch.  The prize?  American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection products!!!  Hee, hee...

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

goatesgirl said...

what a great idea...I have been wanting to scrap my time as a cricut demo gal...this would be a great time

Kate said...

What a wonderful layout! I love those papers, layers, and flowers!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Beautiful layout!