CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.16.2010

Gone Fishin' Layout: Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #23

The challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut this week is called "The Great Outdoors":  Create a project with an outdoor activity.  We just recently got back from a trip to the river with family and I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use on this project (and what paper I wanted to use...this super-cute fishy paper from 3 Bugs In A Rug)!

The Mess Maker had her first fishing experience, which lasted all of about 1 minute...the moment the fish came out of the water she took off!  Oh well...she takes after her father.  :)

For this layout, I used the Create a Critter cartridge for the fish and Plantin Schoolbook for the title.  I added an eye brad to the fish, and cut a hook and added twine, wrapping the end around the "i" in "fishin'".  The letters in "fishin'" were embossed with the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder. 

To finish, I pleated some fabric ribbon and added brads to secure it.  I threaded several buttons and adhered them randomly.  And I printed the journaling, cut it into strips and then adhered them at the bottom of the page.

This layout is based on a sketch by Pencil Lines, found HERE:
Thanks for looking and be sure to head over to FCCB and check out the prize up for grabs this week!

Happy Crafting!!!  :)

13 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

cute layout

Sherri said...

I LOVE the fish.....and what a fantastic sketch you used! Gonna add that one to my files for sure!

Wonderful!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Lori, this is a super cut layout! I love the fish jumping out and your layout is awesome with that sketch! Love it!

Jean said...

Very cute layout and I love the sketch.

Ashleigh said...

love it!

Angi Barrs said...

That little fish is super adorable.

BrendaB said...

This is so cute, Lori! I love that little fish!

Valerie said...

OOh, I love that fish!! Very cute layout:)

Michelle said...

very adorable! I love eveything about it !!!

scubascrapper brandi said...

Hi Lori! I have a little something for you on my blog.

Raven B said...

This is just GREAT!
Hugs,
Raven

Kate said...

Wonderful layout! The sketch is just perfect for this page. I love your papers and that fish cut is just super!! Great job!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Seriously!?? This is way too cute!! Great job!