CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.03.2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness Tree

A bunch of my friends are doing the "Thirty Days of Thankfulness" challenge, and I wanted to participate, too!  This little project lets my whole family take part and my hope is that it will really help us concentrate on being thankful this month.

This project is super-simple and SUPER-cheap!  I found a vase in my cabinet and filled with little pumpkin vase filler (Target $1 spot).  I collected dead branches from the back yard and put them in the vase.  And the rest was done with my Cricut and about 12 pieces of carstock!  The banner was cut from the Wild Card cartridge at 15".  I ran it through my printer to get the text and then inked the edges.  The leaves were all cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge at 3 1/2' and 4".  Each family member has a different color, and one leaf for each day of the month.  I punched holes in the stems and used twine to make loops to hang them.

The tree is a little bare right now (we'll do day 3's leaves tonight at dinner), but just wait until the end of the month!  I'll post a follow-up pic to show how beautiful our Fall Thankful Tree will be!

I'm thinking you could adapt this to work with different seasons or holidays activity...
1. Fall tree with colored leaves for Thanksgiving
2. Christmas tree with ornaments at Christmas
3. Eggs on tree for Easter
4.  Hearts on tree for Valentines
5. Flowers on tree for Spring
Might have to get crackin' on the Christmas one!!!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wonderful idea!! I may have to try this.

Gramjak said...

Outstanding idea! Great way to involve everyone in the family and a treasure to keep forever. Great scrapbook LO … using photos and their leaves!