CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.04.2010

Cricut Vinyl Stenciling On T-Shirts

I now have a uniform for my "job" as the Household CEO!!!
I've been wanting to try the "freezer paper" shirts for a while, so I gave it a try last night.  Except instead of using freezer paper and having to iron it, I just used some vinyl (white Contact paper).  I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out!

Using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL), I cut out "The Household CEO" and a flourish in "Monotype Corsova" and "Wingdings" at 2 1/2".

A few tips that helped the process go smoothly:

1.  place a piece of cardboard or other material inside the shirt, between the front and back of the shirt, so the paint doesn't leak through to the back

2.  After placing the negative of the image/wording onto the t-shirt, use a clean brayer to roll over the entire image to ensure there aren't any bubbles or raised edges in the vinyl.

3.  Let each layer dry before applying more paint.  Let dry overnight before removing vinyl, to make sure all layers of paint are dry.

Because using Contact paper/vinyl worked so well, I probably won't try the freezer paper method.  But I hear it works well, too.

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

2 comments:

DtsArt said...

I love your blog it is always a good read with lots of inspiration on it. I would like to give you a blog award
http://dtsartblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-love-your-blog-award-for-lil-ol.html

Kate said...

Great shirt! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Wear it with pride!