CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.24.2009

Craft: Baby Boy Card (Mojo Monday: Mojo Turns 100 Sketch 5)

I've got my "Mojo" back!!! (Thanks to the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog!) They came out with this nifty little sketch last week:
This was perfect for a card for one of the CFO's co-workers whose wife had a baby today...and this is my take on the sketch:
I used patterned (baby print) and flocked (polka dot) sea green papers (from a discounted paper pack at Michael's) for the circles and background. I tied a ribbon around the base and then attached it to a white cardstock card base. I used the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge to cut the scallop frame (sea green) and shadow (white) out of plain cardstock. Then I used a flocked iron-on sentiment ("Oh Baby") on the frame and attached the frame with adhesive foam. I finished the frame off with a little heart clip. I made this with a boy in mind, but honestly the color is really a greenish turquoise so it could probably be used for either... TFL!!! :)

No comments: